About Me

My photo
My name is Claire, and I'm a UK expat living in South Australia. I live with my man, a cat that thinks he's a dog, and have two step children who visit frequently and make us laugh. I'm in my thirties, and I'm only just working out how to make my life exactly how I want it, and have fun along the way. I write, I blog, I take pictures - and this is where I share it all.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Challenges - 12 Weeks Of Them

For a long time I subscribed to the Dukan Diet way of eating, and I lost 25kg, but it was too quick, and unsustainable, and it highlighted some health issues which resulted in the removal of my gallbladder.

I came under fire for writing about the fact that my surgeon attributed the diet to my issue, but I never blamed it for the fact I have massive gallstones, however, die-hard fans were not impressed with even the slight mention of linking the two, and I had to take down my previous blog.

Since then, I put 5kg back on, but I manage to hover around the same weight, and whilst I’ve been gym-ing it regularly lately, I decided that I needed a bit more of a shove. Something to motivate me, something to commit to (other than myself).

So, I bit the bullet and signed up for Michelle Bridges12WBT challenge.

The cost is reasonable at $20 a week for 12 weeks, and I like the level of support offered, and it’s sort a social thing as well – I’ll attend some group sessions and maybe make some new friends, which is always a bonus.

Do I think I can work out 6 days a week? I have NFI but I’ll give it a good hard go!

I managed to wrangle one of the women at work into doing it with me, so hopefully we’ll be able to keep each other motivated. It won’t be as challenging for me, I don’t have kids to worry about full time, but as long as I can stay focused and make sure the changes stick.

For all accounts, I eat much healthier than I used to, but alcohol is my vice. Damn you vodka lime & soda! …. And wine…. Red or white… and let us not forget the low carb beer (which, by the way, doesn’t mean you can drink MORE of it just because it’s low carb!)

So I love to enjoy food and wine – I’ll just have to love to it less often.

The program is currently in pre-season, and having completed the first four pre-season tasks, the next one may be the most daunting – kitchen organisation. It’s not always me that does the shopping, so that might have to change, and I like the idea of cooking for the two of us and my partner benefiting from the meal plans as well. I’m definitely going to have to get back into the habit of cooking up a storm on a Sunday night – and since I moved in, we have fridges, so I have to no excuse for not having enough freezer space!

Speaking of space, watch this space for 12WBT blogs (among others) – I’m sure the progress will be positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment