About Me

My photo
My name is Claire, and I'm a UK expat living in South Australia. I live with my man, a cat that thinks he's a dog, and have two step children who visit frequently and make us laugh. I'm in my thirties, and I'm only just working out how to make my life exactly how I want it, and have fun along the way. I write, I blog, I take pictures - and this is where I share it all.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stay Strong & Carry On


Three days in, 300 grams heavier than the initial weight in, and a 'ow that hurts, and not the good kind of hurt' issue with what feels like a glute muscle.

I'll find out about that tomorrow when I visit my long suffering physio, Susan. I fear I may have aggravated an old lower back issue, and the pain is referred, but I'll see what Susan says and try to avoid high impact exercises.

Susan is very good, I like her approach, and occasionally she'll throw in some acupuncture for good measure, especially on deep stubborn knots. I'd tell you where she works, but I'd like to keep her to myself! ;)

Have I lost my positivity?

Not really. It's only been three days, I have a whole twelve and a half weeks to make up for any time lost. I know what accelerator days are, maybe I'll introduce them earlier.

300 grams is not a big deal, especially at this time of month! I noticed in my previous diet life then I fluctuated by up to half a kilo on and around that week, so I'm reserving pouting, tantrum throwing, and a desire to eat everything in sight until further notice.

I don't really want to have to find alternatives to running, I like it. I never thought I would, but I do. If I'm told I have to swim, well, that's an additional extra cost that, long term, I could do without, especially considering that I'm already paying a gym membership. So, I looked into it.

The aquatic centre has memberships and a fitness centre, and any group fitness classes are included, and you get access to the pools. It also works out cheaper. Which I'd known that a year ago. They don't have as many classes though, but they have all the equipment I'd need. It's something I might need to seriously think about, but I'll wait until tomorrows verdict!

I hope everyone else is managing their niggles and issues well, hopefully you don't have that many, if any at all!

Stay Strong & Carry On!

No comments:

Post a Comment