About Me

My photo
My name is Claire, and I'm a UK expat living in South Australia. I live with my man, a cat that thinks he's a dog, and have two step children who visit frequently and make us laugh. I'm in my thirties, and I'm only just working out how to make my life exactly how I want it, and have fun along the way. I write, I blog, I take pictures - and this is where I share it all.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Bad

Last night at the gym I worked my little heart out and burnt over 800 calories, see,


Proof!

A combination of cross trainer, rowing and RPM class saw me crack the 800 barrier in one session, and I have to say, I felt it this morning as hauled myself out of the sleep pit.

This effort was largely driven by the fact that I haven’t worked out a lot this past week, for one excuse (note that I said ‘excuse’ not ‘reason’) or another, and I hadn’t done any major calorie burning since Sunday.

It was no surprise then, that when I jumped on the case this morning for WWW I’d gained weight.

300 grams, which isn’t a massive number, but I should have at least made an effort to stay the same weight as last weigh in. What I haven’t done yet is my measurements, I know you’re supposed to pay more attention to those than anything else.

Yeah.

My Bad.

Having a hangover on Saturday and reaching for my staple hangover food, which just happens to be McDonalds, was the first of several contributing factors to my gain. Just to give you an idea of how bad this hangover was, I haven’t touched McDonalds in almost a year.

A WHOLE YEAR.

Because is crappy and fatty and processed and makes me fill icky when I eat it.

But that didn’t stop me did it?

No.

The knowledge I have acquire from a YouTube video of Jamie Oliver showing the school kids how they make their chicken nuggets by blending and blitzing left over chicken bits and carcasses didn’t stop me either.

THAT. BAD.

But, never mind, it’s all about the journey – apparently – let’s just say that this was a detour I should have known not to make, and won’t be repeating it to quite that extent.

Today is supposed to be a toning day, but I think I’m going to get my bike out after work and go for a ride, then do some core work at home, and tomorrow I’ll do cardio + rpm combination again and try to get my calorie burn higher on average, so I can join the big weight droppers.

At this point, I’d like to send a big shout out to all of you who are smashing the KGs week after week, stellar effort ladies and gents, you should be so proud of yourself. I’d like to send a special shout to my fellow 12WBT-er and work colleague, Wenz71, who is chasing down those numbers consistently – you go girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment