About Me

My photo
My name is Claire, and I'm a UK expat living in South Australia. I live with my man, a cat that thinks he's a dog, and have two step children who visit frequently and make us laugh. I'm in my thirties, and I'm only just working out how to make my life exactly how I want it, and have fun along the way. I write, I blog, I take pictures - and this is where I share it all.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Toys & Pride


Another day. Another morning consumed with thoughts of food and snacking, and how to survive the day.

I’m very aware that I haven’t worked out much since last weigh in, and with WWW looming, I might have to pull out a big session at the gym today.

The last time I did an intense Cardio workout was Sunday, before that, Tuesday. Why?

Wednesday was a toning day for me.

Thursday we had a tax appointment straight after work and didn’t get home until late, by which time I couldn’t be bothered.

Friday I did some light exercise and some core work.

Saturday, I had a hangover and a Year 7 kids choir concert to attend on the evening – which meant late home again.

Sunday I did a lot in the garden, and I went and bought a push bike

This is my new toy;

My partner rides his bike to work a couple of days of week, so once he’d adjusted my seat my for me, we went for a ride along Linear Park which took about an hour. I enjoyed it, and could get used to riding again. Now that the weather is changing and the days are starting to get a little longer, I’ll be making more of an effort to get out on my bike on weekends and after work.

Yesterday I did a toning work and had another physio appointment about my pelvis, which involved more needles in my bum, and more interrogation about if I’d been running.

I informed Susan that no, I had not been running, and yes I’d been doing my stretches.

I also explained that it’s nowhere near as sore as it was, but the niggle is still there and I want to stay on top of it. I find that low impact is best for me, so the cross trainer is now my new best friend, and Tuesday (today) has become RPM day. The intention plan is to finish work at 4:30, wander over to my gym, get a ticket for class which starts at 5:30, and spend the time before hand either on the cross trainer and rower or power walking on the treadmill. I’m going to try to smash the 900 calorie mark today to make up for my neglect!

I have an image saved to my desktop that I look at every morning, it helps me regroup my thoughts and refocus for the day, so I thought I’d share it with you, and hope that it does the same. 

Have a great day 12WBTers!




No comments:

Post a Comment